Hannah's Sorrow Turned to Joy -->

Hannah's Sorrow Turned to Joy

What should we learn from the life of Hannah?




Hannah's Sorrow

Hannah's sorrow drove her to prayer (sorrow result in much good if it causes a person to do that). 
And here she prayed to the true God who knows our sorrows, has compassion on us, and can here our prayers( Exo 2:23-25 And it came to pass in process of time that the king of Egypt died. And the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried; and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God took heed of them).

Ps6:6-9 I am weary with my groaning; all the night I make my bed to swim, I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity, for the LORD hath heard the voice of my weeping. The LORD hath heard my supplication; the LORD will receive my prayer.

Ps 38:9 Lord, all my desires are known to Thee; and my groaning is not hidden from Thee.

Her example shows how to pray effectively - she was in a right relationship with God.She had a deep burden ( I Sam 1:10,13,15 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD and wept sorely. Now Hannah spoke in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard. Therefore Eli thought she had been drunken. And Hannah answered and said, "No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

Her petition was specific(I Sam 1:11 And she vowed a vow and said, "O LORD of hosts, if  Thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of Thine handmaid, and remember me and not forget Thine handmaid, but wilt give unto Thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head").

She wanted to use what God gave her for His glory, not for her own selfish satisfaction (I Sam 1:11 And she vowed a vow and said, "O LORD of hosts, if Thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of Thine handmaid, and remember me and not forget Thine handmaid, but wilt give unto Thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head).

She had faith (I Sam 1: 17-19 Then Eli answered and said, "Go in peace; and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of Him." And she said, "Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight." So the woman went her way and ate, and her countenance was no more sad. And they rose up in the morning early and worshiped before the LORD, and returned and came to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the LORD remembered her.

She acknowledged God's answer when it came (I Sam 1: 20 Therefore it came to pass, when the time had come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bore a son and called his name Samuel [that is, Asked of God], saying, "Because I have asked him of the LORD."
Hannah's Sorrow Turned to Joy Hannah's Sorrow Turned to Joy Reviewed by Anonymous on 07:28:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

.

Powered by Blogger.